Forest Hills: Quick Neighborhood Facts
- Austin Street is the main shopping district. Other shopping districts include Yellowstone Boulevard, Metropolitan Avenue, and 108th Street.
- The post office is located at 106-28 Queens Boulevard, just one block from Austin Street on the south side of Queens Boulevard.
- The nearest hospital is Forest Hills Hospital at 102-01 66th Road.
- The police station is located on Austin Street at 68-40 Austin Street. It represents the 112th precinct.
- Movie theaters are on Queens Boulevard and Austin Street. The most visited is the historic Midway Theater on Queens Boulevard.
- Austin Street is easily accessible by the Long Island Railroad which stops at 71st-Continental Avenue. The QM12 express bus runs along Yellowstone Boulevard directly to Manhattan. The E, F, V, and R subway lines all stop at 71st Continental Avenue as well as numerous other bus lines.
- There is ample parking in the form of metered parking on streets as well as garage parking next to Barnes & Noble, the Midway Theater, Bramson ORT College, the police precinct and across the street from Liberty Travel.
- There are five public elementary schools, two public junior high schools, and one public high school in the 11375 zip code.
- Numerous houses of worship, churches and synagogues, and community centers are all present within Forest Hills.